Fill out the form below to receive this impactful research paper.
- This event has passed.
Sound Off Cinema @ Horton Plaza Park — Screening: Top Gun
July 2, 2016 @ 8:30 pm - 10:30 pm PDT
It’s a special 30th anniversary screening of Top Gun!
Top Gun is a 1986 American action drama film directed by Tony Scott, and produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer, in association with Paramount Pictures. The screenplay was written by Jim Cash and Jack Epps, Jr., and was inspired by an article titled “Top Guns” published in California magazine three years earlier.
The film stars Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis, Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards, and Tom Skerritt. Cruise plays Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a young Naval aviator aboard the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise. He and his Radar Intercept Officer (RIO) Nick “Goose” Bradshaw (Edwards) are given the chance to train at the Navy’s Fighter Weapons School at Miramar in San Diego.
- Free to the first 250 guests who pre-register for a ticket
- The ultimate, fully-immersive outdoor movie experience. Guests will be issued a rental pair of wireless Sound Off Headphones that let each attendee control their own volume as well as choose to listen to the movie in English or Spanish.
- Only 250 headsets available and will be issued to those who present their ticket at entry. Headsets must be returned when the movie concludes.
- Movie will begin at approximately 8:30 PM. Guests can arrive beginning at 7:00 PM.
- TICKETED GUESTS MUST ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 8:15 PM to guarantee their headsets. After 8:15 PM, available headsets will be given to guests in the Wait List line on a first-come-first-serve basis. If there are additional headsets available after the Wait List guests have been served, we will distribute remaining headsets to walk-up guests.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR TICKET WITH YOU
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own low-back chairs, sit at one of our Park tables or take a seat on the Amphitheater steps
- Please note the floor of the seating area is granite
Food & Beverage
- Food & Beverage options will be available for sale from the Sloan’s Ice Cream and Starbucks Pavilions in the Park. Guests are also permitted to bring their own picnic food.
- No alcohol or glassware is allowed.
For information about our other upcoming events, visit the Horton Plaza Park website.